Monday, October 28, 2013

March 2013

This seemed like another crazy but fun month.




1. My brother in law Matt went through the temple for the first time. So all of Jeff's siblings came to be a part of this day. 
2. Our nephew Ethan and niece Brenna got to come up from California to visit. We spent time playing basketball, baseball, fishing, and going to Spookies to celebrate Jaynee's birthday.

3. Our girls varsity basketball team made it to the state playoffs. It was fun and exciting to get to be a part of the coaching staff. Basketball is my favorite sport and I hope that someday I will get the opportunity to run a basketball program. But until then it has been great to help out.

4. I got to give an Easter Lesson at church. It was a silent lesson. I never said one word through the whole thing but I still had a some of the girls and leaders in tears. I also had some of the girls still talking about the lesson a few weeks later. I got the idea from http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8569

However, I changed some stuff. I made a dvd with some videos that I thought fit better and I also changed some of the music and played music through the whole lesson. 

5. I had a basketball party at my house for my freshman basketball team. I finally had to kick that last few out at 9 pm and they all wanted to come over again the next weekend. We had some playing wii, some playing rockband and alot of them laughing and having a good time. It was interesting have 13 teenage girls in the house, but it was alot of fun.

6. Jeff finally got to get the new suit he has been wanting for years. For any of you that are member of the LDS church probably know that means that he got a new calling. And he did. He is the second counselor in the bishopric. I was very thankful that he wasn't bishop but still not too excited to have to control all 3 kids during the first hour. I usually feel like I have been in a wrestling match by the end of sacrament meeting. But so far we have made it. 



7. We set up our trampoline that the kids got for Christmas. However, by setting that up it brought on more yard projects since we didn't have a level spot to put it. So we dug out the hillside by our house which created a flat area for the tramp. It is also nice because it protects it from the wind. After having to chase it down the hill twice in one day to keep it out of my neighbor's yard, it was nice to get it protected a little bit.

8. My in-laws decided to rip out all the railroad ties that they used for retaining walls around their property  So my dad and I and my father in law spent a day pouring cement for footers for the brick wall they were going to set up. 


9. Kestley got to give the article of faith and Trey got to read a scripture in primary. They were both so excited to get to share with everyone else.

10. My dad had a big sore on his ear so he decided to go get it looked at. He found out that it was skin cancer. They ended up taking a biopsy and then had to do surgery 2 more times before they finally got it all. But as of right now he has been cleared. 


11. Tenley had her 15 month check up. She was a wopping 21 lbs and 2 1/2 feet tall. And she had to get alot of shots. which she of course hates. She has been such a joy to our family. You always had a smile or does her silly laugh. She loves to cuddle and always has to be in the middle of what ever is going on. Her favorite words are daddy, and uh-oh. 

12.We had our end of the year basketball award party. It was nice to get to award the girls for all their hard work and effort.
13. Trey has started another year of baseball. This year he is playing coach pitch. He is so excited to be a part of it again. 

14. We celebrated Easter at our house and also at my in-laws house. We did an egg hunt at our house and then after everyone got home from church we went over to Jeff's parents' house and had a great dinner and did an egg hunt in the backyard. It was a lot of fun to watch the kids interact with their cousins. Tenley would walk around, pick up two or three eggs, then dump them out and pick up the same eggs again. She did this for about 10 min. with the same 3 eggs.
15. One of my basketball girls had a birthday and she asked me during soccer season if I would bring my homemade oreo cookies for her birthday. So I did. After the girls ate all the cookies I had requests for most of them telling me when their birthdays were so I could bring cookies for them too!

16. We spent one afternoon collecting rocks and then the kids got to paint and decorate them.


 17. I came out of my room one day to find these to sitting in the chair together. They sat like this for over an hour. Which is a record for them. It was so fun to listen to their conversation and to watch them just enjoy each others company.
 18. I love the area we live in. I know we often over look the beauty around us, but this day as we were driving to Portland you couldn't miss it.
 19. Kestley informed me that she was old enough to dress herself. I left her alone in her room and when she came out this was the outfit she had on. She is such a goof ball but we love her!
 20. I work with the young women in our ward. This year we were lucky enough to have two new 12 year olds join us (which are called beehives.) I got the opportunity to go and decorate their doors for them to welcome them into young womens.






No comments: