Thursday, April 18, 2013

July 2012

1. This month we celebrated two birthdays; Jeff's brother Mike and Cousin Kenzie.

1a. For Mikes birthday my in-laws had a party at their house for him. One of his presents was a slip and slide. Which the kids thoroughly enjoyed and we had some great entertainment watching!

2. We went on a 7 Day cruise to Alaska. I will make a post just for the cruise following this.

3. My dad, Trey and I went an picked cherries. There was an orchard owner here that couldn't hire anyone to pick the cherries so I he let people from our church go and pick them to keep. However, they had to pick a bucket or two to give to the food bank. Trey had a blast trying to find the biggest more perfect cherries.

4. Tenley is officially mobile. She is crawling and causing all sorts of chaos around the house. Especially with her brother and sister.


5. The Dalles has a big street fest every year where they block off the main street through down and there is live music, good food, different kinds of booths and activities.  We decided to venture down this year. It was fun to see some friends that we hadn't seen in a while and to just see what was going on around town.

6. I bough raspberries and more raspberries. I think I had 3 flats, however, not all of those made it into jam. Trey, Kestley and I ate our fair share of them! What was left over was enough to fill my freezer with jam and hopefully it will last until next summer.  I tried 4 different recipes this year. I made one batch using the reduced sugar Sure Jell, one batch using low sugar Ball pectin, one using apple juice and a little pectin, and one using apple juice a little sugar and pectin. My favorite was either the Sure Jell or the apple juice with a little sugar. However, I will eat it all because it is homemade raspberry Jam!

7. While we were on the cruise our counter tops got installed and my dad was nice enough to finish installing the other half of our floor, texturing the walls, and my mom painted. It was so nice to come back from our trip to have our kitchen put back together.

8. We decided to go with a tile backsplash. It took a while to put up and get it all cut right but it was worth it. I LOVE IT!



9. I get to work with the teenage girls in our church. So for one of our activities we had a cook out in our backyard. The girls had fun visiting and hanging out and learning how to cook over a campfire.

10. It has been hot around here. So I got the kids swim pool out for them to play in and I bought them some squirters from the Dollar store. The kids have had a blast with them. In fact Grandma Sox and myself even got involved in the water fight a few times.

11. We went to the Fort Dalles Parade. It didn't have a ton stuff but the kids enjoyed it. Trey was so excited to see the horses.

12. Our church and the state of Utah celebrate Pioneer day.  This year we went out to a members house that lives out of town and they had all sorts of activities for everyone to do and some really good food. They had a big water slide they made down the hill, a swim pool, a trampoline, a sandbox, volleyball, badminton, horse back riding, horse shoes and croquet. Jeff took the two older kids down the slide numerous times. The kids both took a ride on the little horse and Grandpa Sox kept trying to get Tenley on the big horse but she didn't want anything to do with it. We also enjoyed a variety of other activities.





13. Trey had some funny saying this month. He was at my parents house and my mom went to make him and sandwich using whole wheat bread. She put it in front of Trey and he wanted to know why she was using chocolate bread. Also, He wanted to go play croquet so he turned to Jeff and I and asked if he could go play cocaine! We went out for a drive and I told Trey to look for deer. So he look out the window and saw a cow and said look mom I think I found a Moose. Obviously we have sheltered his animal viewing expericenes.

14. Kestley also had a few good one liners this month, however I can only think of one. I was in the kitchen making eggs for breakfast and she came in and told me, " Mommy, don't hatch (crack) that egg. Why are your hatching those eggs mommy."

15. My nephew Cordell came to visit for just over a week. He stayed at my parents house but was up here playing with the kids everyday. They were so excited to have him here and he was so good to play with them and keep them entertained.

16. We didn't have a camp out at Grandma Hodges this year because we were in Alaska over the 4th of July. So we set up our tent in our back yard and had a sleep out back there. The kids loved every minute of it.

17. Tenley turned 7 months old. She is such a joy to have in our family. She always has a smile on her face and can light up the room as soon as she crawls in.



No comments: