1. Our family celebrated 2 birthdays this month. Trey turned 6 and our nephew Kelsen.
2. My soccer team had a car wash and earned over $1500. I told Jeff we needed to quit our jobs and just do car washes! We would be loaded in no time!
3. My soccer season is in full swing. Once September starts my family doesn't see a whole lot of me.
4. This year I had the opportunity to coach the varsity for a week of practice and two games. We lost the first game but made an amazing come back in the second game to win in the last minutes. It was fun but I definitely enjoy my lesser stress job of coaching JV!
5. We took the kids for a bike ride down on the river front trail. It is an awesome place that is pretty flat, paved and runs right along the river (hence the name). My mom decided to join us and we were walking behind the kids as they rode. Trey thought he was pretty hot stuff because he figured out how to go pretty fast. As he was going he decided to turn to see if we were still behind him. He swerved, went off the side of the trail and ended up lodged in a large bush that kept him from falling in the river. The best part was that grandma jumped in after him. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to get either of them out but we managed to get everyone out and the bike. I am just glad he did it when he did. If it would have been 5 feet sooner or 5 feet later. He would have ended up down in the river.
6. With the month of September comes fishing season. I got to go three times this month and all three times I had my limit of 2 Salmon in less than 3 hours. It was an amazing season this year. Not only is it great to catch some really big fish, but it is a great opportunity for me to enjoy nature and to get to spend some great time with my dad. We created a lot of memories this year that he and I will talk about forever!
7. Jeff's grandpa Ted passed away. They had a very nice military service for him in Dufur. Jeff dedicated the grave and the whole family sang a song. It was nice to hear the King children and their families all sing together. After the funeral there was an open house at Jeff's parents house. It was nice to get to meet some Jeff's relatives and get to spend time with the ones we already knew.
8. Trey started Kindergarten. He was so excited to get to go back to school. I had a hard time letting him go but I was excited for him at the same time. I can't believe that I am old enough to have a kid in Kindergarten!
9. I applied and got the freshman high school basketball job. I am really excited about it. Basketball is my favorite sport and I am excited to get the opportunity to coach it again.
10. I had the opportunity to go to a basketball coaches clinic at Western Oregon University. It was fun to get to spend time back at my old gym and to also get to learn alot of new things that I can implement while coaching.
11. Trey competed in his first cross country race. They set up a run at a park here in The Dalles. He was so nervous and excited at the same time it was cute. He ended up getting 9th overall and 3rd in his age group. He was so cute when he got to the finish line. He had a big smile on his face and was looking for me and my mom and when he spotted us he started waving at us.
12. Tenley is getting more and more mobile everyday she stared pulling herself up on the furniture and is also starting to creep along the couches too. At this rate she will be walking in no time.
13. Kestley is officially potty trained! As a parent this is one of the things that I don't enjoy at all. So I am glad to say that I have 2 done and only one more to go!
14. So for Trey's birthday we had his family party on Sunday, which was a Beyblade themed party. It was fun to have my brother and Kelsen here to celebrate with us. As well as all the rest of the family that always joins us for parties. On his actual birthday my mom, Jeff and I took him to Mcdonald's and let him play in the play land. My mom and I also took him to Sorosis Park. All in all it was a busy but fun day.
15. This summer our neighbor had her great grandkids over. Trey and the boy were a similar age. And as soon as they got home from school the kids played outside until it was time for bed.
16. My daughter is testing my skills. She wanted me to paint her finger nails and her toe nails and of course they had to be painted pink! Also, this is my first attempt at french braiding and she was a wiggly 3 year old.
17. I was cleaning out a closest and came across my old legos. So I got them out and the kids loved them. They played with them for hours. It was fun to see what they could create and to listen to them play together.






No comments:
Post a Comment