Thursday, January 27, 2011

November

This month had alot going on and some how I managed to not take any pictures. So I guess this will be a wordy update, with maybe a couple of pictures from Oct. or Dec.

1. The movie theater her had a free movie. Trey loves to go to the movies so it works out great for us. He gets so excited and jumps up and down and dances to any music that plays during the movie. He even makes us stay until the credits are almost over so that he can dance to the music that plays at the end of the movies.

2. I got put in as 2nd counselor of the young womens presidency. They weren't sure how it would work out since Jeff is the 2nd counselor in the young mens, but so far it has worked out pretty good. We are lucky enough to have two sets of grandparents that are willing to watch the kids on Wednesday night so that we can both have the opportunity to work with the youth in the church.  

3. Kestley is finally 18 months old which means she is now old enough to go to the nursery at church. We weren't sure how she would do but so far we take her down and she goes in and starts playing and doesn't look back. When we come to pick her up at the end she never wants to leave. Which is a huge change from Trey. I spent almost 3 months with him in the nursery until he finally decided he liked it.

4. I turned 30!! I always thought thirty was old, but now it seems so young! Jeff planed an awesome birthday for me. We had everyone for our house for dinner and costco cake and ice cream. Which is always fun to spend time with family. Jeff worked so hard to keep my whole birthday a surprise so he had lots of help from family member to get everything done without me finding anything out. He scheduled me a massage, I got my haircut, and we had a girls movie night. Then he got me tickets to an OSU vs USC football game. I have never been to the OSU stadium so it was fun to experience that. We got back late that night so the kids spent the night with Jeff's parents. Which was the first time since the kids were born that I had been apart from both of them for a whole night.

5. We had Thanksgiving at my parents house. However it was still a multi family gathering. Jeff's parents and brother game over as well as my brother Cal and his son Cordell. It is always great to have family together. Trey had so much fun playing with his cousin. They played football, wrestling and many games that Trey created on his own. Cordell was such a trooper to spend time with his much younger cousin.

6. We had the end of the year soccer dessert which meant that soccer season was officially over and wrapped up.  I made a dvd for the girls with some pictures from the season.


7. The day after thanksgiving I hit up the black Friday sales which is always an adventure. I went to JC Penny's to get Jeff some clothes for work. While I was there I found a black dress coat for him. I checked out and left to continue my shopping. After I got home and had a nap I started looking at my receipts and I realized that they didn't charge me for the coat. I took the tag from the coat back to the store ( I didn't want them to think I stole it by bringing the whole coat back!) I told them that they never charged me for the coat. 15 minutes later they finally got it all worked out and charged me for it. I didn't realize how hard it would be to ring something up but obviously there aren't many honest people in the world because the workers there were shocked that I would bring it back in.

8. Jeff had sometime off around thanksgiving so I decided I would get a jump on things and get Christmas put up. So the day after thanksgiving we got all of our Christmas set up. Both kids were so excited for it to be Christmas time. The next morning Trey woke up and ran out to the living room. He then came into our room crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Santa forgot to bring us presents!"

9. Kestley had to be reminded a few times to leave the Christmas tree alone. She kept taking the balls off the tree and throwing them when ever nobody was watching. I caught her one day and I told her no, no, that is naughty, and she looked and me with a devilish grin and said I nonny (naughty!) Yes she is definitely my pay back!   My mom laughs everyday when I tell her what she has been up to.

No comments: