Thursday, July 15, 2010

June

Well it is only the middle of July and I am finally getting my June post done. Oh well, that is life! This month we had a few highlights. Trey went to soccer camp, some of our friends moved away, Fathers Day, A trip to Utah, and our garden.

1. I coach jv soccer at the high school and every spring the high school team puts on a soccer camp for the little kids. I wasn't sure if Trey was old enough to go so I didn't take him the first day. However, he did end up going to 3 days of soccer camp and he loved it. Every time I get ready to go to soccer practice he wants to go back to soccer camp with me. Hopefully next year I will get him signed up so he can go the entire week.2. Just before Father's Day some of our friends moved away. We have had alot of friends move away lately (maybe we are scaring them all away!) and we have been sad to see them go. But we were really sad to see these guys go. Our kids had become pretty good buddies. And we will miss our rock band parties with them.
3. We had an interesting Father's Day this year. We planned on doing it at our house and we were excited to have both of our father's here. (Not that it is that unusual!) I grilled kabobs which turned out very good considering I had never cooked them before. However, early that afternoon while I was getting things ready for dinner, we got a phone call from Jeff's dad telling us that his mom was in the ER because she was dizzy and was throwing up. After many tests and a long visit in the ER, it turns out that she had an inner ear problem. And they ended up not being able to come over for dinner. So I guess one of these days I will have to recreate the dinner so they can try it. Actually, I wouldn't mind it again either.
4. The Monday after father's day the kids, myself and my mom left to go to Utah to visit my brother, sister in law, and niece and nephews. About halfway on our trip to Utah I got a phone call from my husband telling me that his grandma had a stroke. He didn't know many details yet because they had to run some tests. However, we continued out 12 hour drive, which with two kids and a grandma, it wasn't too bad! While we were in Utah both kids had a blast playing with their cousins. We went to a few baseball/softball games that the kids were playing in, played outside almost all day every day, played on the slip and slide, played mini golf, rode the Merry go round, went shopping at the outlet malls, and visited family in Evanston. Oh and I can't forget the most important part, we went swimming at the Kamas pool. I know it doesn't sound too exciting, but Trey loved it, which is huge considering he wasn't a big fan of water. He played on the small blue slide and kid play area for most of the time we were there. (there is water that squirts all over from this thing. There are tubes and waterfalls and pipes that are constantly squirting water.)
Then about the last half hour he decided he wanted to go down the yellow slide. I was a little nervous and didn't think he would like it but he loved it. And we went over and over and over again. Finally, the lifeguards closed the pool or I think we would still be going down the yellow slide. Now when ever we drive around town Trey asks me when we are going back to the Kamas pool. Oh and of course Kestley had a blast and loved to kick and splash in the water as well!
I also got to take a day and go meet up with two of my best friends from high school and their kids. We all got together to meet at a park to play. It is crazy to think that it has been 14 years since I moved to Oregon and we still get together when we get the chance. It was fun to be there with our 5 kids and even more weird to think that between the three of us we have 5 kids! However, next time I think we need to leave the kids with their dads so that we can go and have a girls day out.
5. Our garden is growing!! I am so excited. This year we planted a wide variety of things just to see what we could get to grow. I didn't have much hope that we would get too much but I thought lets try it and see what happens. Well we must be blessed with a green thumb or something because we have veggies growing like crazy. We have broccoli, zucchini, pumpkins, corn, squash, carrots, peas, oh and did I mention zucchini. I swear every time I go out there we have another zucchini that is ready to be picked. We didn't have any luck with our tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, watermelon, or cucumbers. However, I only planted a few seeds of each and some of them might have gotten plucked in our weeding. We also, planted 5 raspberry bushes and we only have two left but they are looking very good. So here is a picture of our first harvest.
Well that is all for the month of June. Hopefully in a few weeks I will get the July post up and let me tell you, July has been interesting and crazy already.

2 comments:

Jared and Steph said...

I love, love, LOVE Kestley's swimsuit!

Jen said...

Your kiddos are getting so big! Nice to hear about your month. :)