Thursday, November 4, 2010

September

This month seemed a little slower compared to our crazy month of August. However, we still had alot going on.

1. School Started which doesn't effect any of our kids but it effects me! This year has been nice that I have gotten to sub way more than I did last year already. Jeff's sister moved to town and her and I have been exchanging babysitting so that we can both work (sub) It gets pretty crazy with 4 kids ages 4, almost 3, 1 and 1/2, and 7 months old, all at once, but it is fun.

2. This month we started soccer games, which means long bus rides, late nights, and stress for me. However, I took the time to have a minute to win it team bonding activity with my girls this year. They seemed to enjoy and we all had alot of laughs.

3. We also decided to remodel our bathroom. Nothing too major just a little updating. And lucky for us my dad is very handy and is willing to work for dinner and cookies.
Before:
After:

4. This month we also had some new discoveries in our garden. We grew a watermelon, cucumbers, summer squash and more zucchini. It has been so much fun to have a garden. We can't wait to plant another one next year to see what we can grow.

5. The big event of the month is that my son turned 4. I still haven't come to terms with the fact that I have a 4 year old. But I wouldn't change it for the world. He is at such a fun age right now. And he keeps me laughing everyday. We had a birthday party at our house with my parents, Jeff's parents, Jeff's sister and her family and Jeff's brother. I made grilled Salmon, chicken kabobs, corn on the cob, pasta salad, cake and ice cream. However, Trey is a picky eater so I made him a grilled cheese sandwich. It is so nice to have so much family around to celebrate these times with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bathroom really does look a lot better with the dark cabinets. And that salmon looks really good...and I don't even eat fish.