Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Halloween (a few days late!)

Another holiday came and went and I am late posting about it, BIG SURPRISE!! Anyway things here have been pretty crazy lately. I fished my soccer season up and we nearly beat a school from Bend (2-1) which is huge. Usually we lose 9-0 or more. However, near the end of the soccer season we found out that my mom has breast cancer. She has had one surgery but is still fighting it and we are still unsure of what is to come.
As for Halloween we went trick or treating down town on Friday and carved pumpkins that evening. Then on Saturday we had an activity at our church during the day for the kids and that evening we went trick or treating to a few houses and then hung out at Grandma's house and helped her hand out candy. I wish I would have video taped Trey he was so excited and way to cute. He is definitely learning new words every day and he always keeps us on our toes. (You never know what he is going to say.) Last night Jeff told me thank you for fixing him dinner and a few seconds later Trey says mommy, thank you for fixing daddy dinner.
Trey is starting speech therapy on Thursday. He has a hard time saying some of his letters and he gets some of the sounds mixed up so they want to work with him early so that he won't have to fight it later on. So he will be working with a lady for a half hour a week. He is excited because he thinks he is going to school or work as he sometimes calls it.
I started Physical Therapy last week for my hip. I have gone to four Dr. and none of them could figure out what was going on, but according to the Physical Therapist my pelvis is twisted and turned. My last pregnancy messed it up. Anyway they worked me over again yesterday and it is starting to feel better but now my back is killing me. I guess I can't win.
Jeff has had a rough couple of weeks at work. He has had to take seven kids into foster care in less than two weeks, so he has been struggling. I don't envy him in anyway for the work he does. However, I am thankful that he is willing to do that job so that I am able to stay home and raise our kids. Thanks again Jeff, we love you!

3 comments:

Jared and Steph said...

Cute Halloween pictures! It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy as usual. It was good to see you guys last week - we look forward to Thanksgiving.
We're praying for your mom and family.

Unknown said...

nice pictures. tell trey that is cool he was a pirate! and ncie costume. kestely is grwoing up!

Anonymous said...

We'll keep your mom in our family prayers! Such a scary time, but medicine these days is amazing and I'm sure she'll be just fine! Cute pictures and we are excited to see you guys on Saturday!