Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Fathers Day/ Fourth of July / One month old

Wow I guess once again I have fallen behind on my posts. I just wanted to start with a father's day post for Jeff. I want to let him know how much I appreciate all that he does for myself and the kids. He is a great Husband and dad. So Thanks for all that you do. We love you!
Now on to the fourth of July weekend. We spent most of the weekend with Jeff's family. We went on a bike ride, camped out in Grandma Hodges back yard (and yes Kestley even camped out!), ate way too much food, had a few fireworks, Jeff and Trey went and saw the new Ice Age movie, and we had Kestley blessed. All in all it made for a very busy but fun weekend. (see the pictures posted below!)The Hodges Compound (Camping in Grandma's Backyard!)Trey and Jeff at the start of the fireworks. Trey only made it through two before he had to go and sit in the house. They were just too loud.Trey playing in the fountain at Grandma's. He learned how to make it squirt water!Kestley on the fourth of JulyTrey and Gavin on the Bike ride

Also, on June 29th Kestley turned one month old. It is amazing how fast time goes by. In fact she is working on a month and a half now. She has discovered that there is a world around her and she doesn't want to go to sleep for fear that she will miss something! She is way more alert and is discovering that she can make noise just to make noise. She also wants to be big and hold her head up on her own, but she just can't quite control it yet, but she sure tries every chance she gets. She is already over 11 lbs and is getting too long for her three month clothes. When it comes to food she doesn't mess around. She loves to eat. In fact she will eat until she gets sick and pukes and then wants more. Anyway Happy One Month Birthday kid-o-.The Day Kestley was blessed. This was the dress that I was blessed in as well as my mom.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

She looked beatiful in her dress. I can't believe she is that big already also. It is too bad that we don't live closer so that Nessa and Kestley could be good friends like we were.

Kristin said...

Yay! You have a blog!!! Let the snooping begin!